Director of Finance (s151 Officer)
Share this role
- Staffordshire County Council
- £139,464 plus £8,875 car lease subsidy or cash alternative
- Closing Date :
- Friday 1st March
- Job Ref:
Staffordshire is an innovative, ambitious and sustainable county with a proud heritage and bright hopes for the future – well positioned at the heart of the thriving West Midlands to create jobs, growth and prosperity for local people. Much has been achieved in recent years – a better quality of life for local people, major programmes delivered to secure future growth and jobs, and substantial changes to how we operate, ensuring we can continue to deliver what local people need at a cost we can afford.
We are immensely proud of our record of managing the council’s finances, and whilst there are challenges ahead for the sector, we believe we have laid the foundations to ensure that we continue to deliver for our residents and businesses. Due to planned retirement, we are now seeking our next Director of Finance to help lead the council into the future.
Working closely with our newly-appointed Chief Executive Patrick Flaherty, you will play a critical role within our organisation, helping us to use finance as a key enabler of our corporate objectives. You will lead a substantial and thriving finance team, continuing to foster a culture of business partnering where we help the council deliver solutions for Staffordshire. We are seeking applications from senior finance professionals with experience of s151 responsibility, and a strong track record operating in a senior financial leadership post. Just as important as your professional skills will be your proven ability to provide corporate leadership, and your appetite to join an innovative and stable local authority at this exciting and challenging time.
For further information, contact our executive search partners GatenbySanderson: Duncan Collins (07586 705475) or Seb Lowe (07464 543442).
How to Apply
- Please submit your CV along with a Supporting Statement addressing the person specification criteria, evidencing how you meet the criteria.
- Detail any employment or education gaps.
- Be ready to provide the names, positions, organisations and contact details for two referees; one should be your current or most recent employer. Referees will be contacted for those proceeding to final stages. We will always gain your permission before we contact referees.
- Let us know any difficulty you may have with the indicative timetable.
- Check that your contact details are correct before you submit.
Once you have submitted your application, you will receive an automated email confirmation. If you do not receive, please email email@example.com